We all know him as a very famous motivational speaker and author of the best-selling ” The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,” which i guess we all have read at some point of time and as for me i think i still have a copy of it lying somewhere at home. God Bless his Soul.
He has also been named one of Time magazine’s 25 Most Influential Americans and he authored a number of books focused on leadership. To name a few of his books “First Things First,“ ”Principle-Centered Leadership,“ and ”The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families”. He was the inspiration to millions of individuals and also an icon for the corporate world.
Below are 10 quotes from Stephen Covey that have the power to completely change the direction of one’s life.
1) The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
2) The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
3) Live out of your imagination, not your history.
4) Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.
5) Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.
6) I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
7) You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”
8) I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow.
9) Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love her
10) Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy.
Hope we can all learn something from his seminal work and influence both our business and personal situations in the field of self-improvement. (something that is much requried these days)
Wishing everyone a Blessed Day.